Welcome, Guest
About the conversion to HTML5
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: About the conversion to HTML5

About the conversion to HTML5 11 years, 11 months ago #3327

Niemann,

You might want to post something on the main page regarding the use of HTML5 on this site vs. the embedded flash loader you used to use for your MOTD. I was clicking on them to see what they were and was wondering why my ClickToFlash wasn't working on them. I didn't realize until after I uninstalled, and reinstalled CTF (four times each) to right click the "movie" player and only then did I see anything regarding HTML5.

I use CTF to make pages load faster since it blocks flash videos from loading, but it doesn't work on HTML5. I just thought you should know to let the users know as a courtesy.

Re: About the conversion to HTML5 11 years, 11 months ago #3328

There's another problem: With the move to the embedded HTML 5 player, I cannot invoke fullscreen for the videos and half of them won't play, instead giving me the message "this video is private". Is there a reason we switched to this very limited player?

Re: About the conversion to HTML5 11 years, 11 months ago #3332

What browser and version are you using?

Seems to work fine here.

Are you using the standalone CTF or the newer one that you only can get through Safari extensions? (If you are using Safari)

Re: About the conversion to HTML5 11 years, 11 months ago #3334

I'm using the latest version that I was able to find, which is 1.6b7, which originated as a standalone installer. I did not know it now came in extension format for Safari. I'll try that out first before continuing troubleshooting in multiple directions.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this will both let me play the video and give me back the fullscreen option on the videos that already play (the fullscreen option is currently missing from the youtube video player that results from clicking the MOTDs).

Re: About the conversion to HTML5 11 years, 11 months ago #3336

OK, it's letting them play. There's still no fullscreen option though unless I choose to go directly to the youtube site version instead. Kinda annoying ^_^

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds