Welcome, Guest
Polls
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Polls

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #694

In my opinion, I find that playing the original cartridge on the original hardware to be an easier, more relaxing experience. Less of a hassle at any rate. That said, some games (and consoles) are just too hard to come by to justify holding off until you find an original copy, like EarthBound, and some games never received a proper translation, so you've got to use a fan translation, which usually means piracy and emulation.

Now for that most recent poll, there was no option that fits me. Several Macs (six of 'em) and a PC running Linux (Debian, to be precise), so I chose multiple Macs.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #713

No real accurate option for me on this poll. I own 1 Mac (PowerMac G5) and several PCs (which just sit around). Hey - the PCs were all free! So I chose 1 Mac / 1 PC.

Then again, it would take 9 options to list all the possibilities...

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #714

I'm a Macbook, Powermac G5 and a Windows machine for gaming on which is sad because I only own 7 games HA! I do my emulation on my G5 and my Mame Cabinet (which is a PC).
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Pixelcade.

Re:Polls 14 years ago #726

I answered 'Other' to the most recent poll, mainly on account that I'd like to see emulator downloads and development as well some broad ranging articles (as has already been seen).

Would love to have the wiki back!

Re:Polls 14 years ago #753

Um, yeah. I voted in the current poll, forgetting that the results are in Flash, meaning I can't view them on my iPad

Re:Polls 14 years ago #755

Looks like we have our next poll topic. Do you visit MacScene from non-Flash-enabled mobile devices? (Or something to that effect; I'm too tired to phrase it better.)

Re:Polls 14 years ago #756

This issue is on my ever growing list of things I need to do on MacScene.

Re:Polls 14 years ago #834

Come on folks BUY the real game don't emulate it on something with no real control method. I know this is an emulation site and I use emulation well for the most part for MAME only on my cabinet. It's never the same. Prime example I got Actraiser on WiiWare and found a glitch that prevented me from finishing the game. I was able to repeat the glitch over and over but there is a simple way around it... don't do what I did. For all it's greatness emulation still has more glitches.

Then again I can see the point now with a lot of the NES/SNES games with battery saves the battery is starting to go bad. I've had to replace 3 already burning my finger 3 times in the process. But I wouldn't trade playing on my NES and SNES or Coleco for any new emulator.

**END OLD MAN GAMER RANT HERE**

Re:Polls 14 years ago #835

I dont believe something like the iPhone is the best hardware to run emulated games.

I have no affinity with the original hardware but I do believe, the game itself needs to be played in a manner fitting to the original game mechanics and experience.

You would say the best hardware is the original hardware, and I agree. Thing is, I don't see Sega as an example continuing to produce Sega Master Sysytems anymore (nor the game cartridges) so whatever steps into fill that void needs to match the original experience best it can...and that is NOT an iPhone.
Last Edit: 14 years ago by Mucx.

Re:Polls 14 years ago #843

Where's the "plead the 5th" option?

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #868

I'm not sure which option to pick on the current poll, since I've essentially been using a Mac since I could walk, but I wasn't born until 1987.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #870

mossy_11 wrote:
I'm not sure which option to pick on the current poll, since I've essentially been using a Mac since I could walk, but I wasn't born until 1987.

Pick "PowerBook". Here's a handy guide to this poll:

iPad - 2010
iPhone - 2007
iPod - 2001
iBook - 1999
iMac - 1998
iCEO (Steve Job's return) - 1997
Amelio - 1996
PowerBook - 1991
1985 - Oh please...
$666.66 (price of the Apple I; which is NOT a Mac) - 1976

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #874

yeah, I guess PowerBook is the closest. I may have been overthinking the problem

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #876

Squirrel wrote:
mossy_11 wrote:

Pick "PowerBook". Here's a handy guide to this poll:

First ever Macscene cheat sheet. Nice job translating the poll options.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #878

I think 'since Intel' might have been a good option for this. I know loads of people who made the switch around then.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #885

Also since OS X would be a great option.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #888

I actually considered both 'Since Intel' (2005) and 'Since OSX' (2002), but I was trying to space out some of the choices. I was concentrating on duration as opposed to event that sparked interest. Luckily we have many more polls in the future; perhaps a 'Why I use Apple products' is in order or 'Product that interested me most' or 'Most significant event in Apple history'.

And good catch on the $666.66 not being a Mac, guess all those selected it are lying. I would be interested in hearing from someone who actually remembers or had seen an original Apple I kit.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #894

I first used Macs at school in the Amelio era, but I didn't have my own Mac until about 2007, however, it was an Amelio era Mac the school was giving away. My first contemporary Mac was a mid-2007 MacBook.

Re:Polls 13 years, 11 months ago #919

I had an Apple IIGS as my first Apple, but didnt have my OWN Mac until the dreaded 6200 (I had the 6230). Plenty of other macs in the house though.

Re:Polls 13 years, 10 months ago #1082

Of those options, the DualShock 2 is definitely my pick for comfort and versatility. I do quite like the DC/Saturn-Analog form factor, though. Then again, I may have big-ish hands.

Time to create page: 0.22 seconds