Welcome, Guest
Media of the Day
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Media of the Day

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 5 months ago #3583

Today's (Sat Nov 24th) MotD has a caption of "Link to the Past", but the video is of a Link's Awakening commercial.

Oops.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 5 months ago #3587

So, I guess Niemann's being lying about his Zelda obsession all these years.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 5 months ago #3588

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 4 months ago #3589

That Super Street Fighter 2 Speed Run (Part 1) sure seems to be a favorite...it has appeared three times in the last four months.

Nov. 28th
Aug. 22nd
July 18th

When it appeared on Aug 22nd (and for that day only since that is the only day it would be the "main" MotD), the picture's caption/title was "Super Street Fighter 2 Speed Run (Part 2)", even though it linked to Part 1. Part 2 is easy enough to find though, since it was done by the same author as Part 1, thus is on that person's video links.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 4 months ago #3615

Eagerly awaits Squishy's comments about today's Media of the Day.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years, 4 months ago #3623

Niemann wrote:
Eagerly awaits Squishy's comments about today's Media of the Day.

I'm almost afraid to watch that commercial. Of course, after watching some of those Atari game commercials from the 80s I suppose I can survive it.

Maybe.

Re: Media of the Day 11 years ago #3724

Not sure if it was intended, but today's MotD is captioned as Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, but links to a Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds speed run video.

Although the latter is a hack of the former, it's a bit misleading to mark it as the former.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 5 months ago #3813

Oh man...the Oct. 19th MotD made me long for Classic support so I could more easily play Monkey Shines. I absolutely loved games like that. I really need to get my MDD G4 dual 1.2 GHz back from my cousin and spruce it up with SSDs for gaming old school.

Thank you for the nostalgia flashback!

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 5 months ago #3814

Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by menace690.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 5 months ago #3815

A bit embarrassing that the Media of the Day finally caught up. Anyone want to take a crack at filling it up again?

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 5 months ago #3816

If I have some time this weekend, I'll add a bunch of entries.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 5 months ago #3817

menace690 wrote:

I have had stutter issues with Sheepshaver on my Mac Pro 2,1. I might give it another go though on my new Hackwell Pro, since it has enough power to do things like 200 FPS in Diablo 3 fully maxed at 1900x1200 (without even an overclock!).

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 3 months ago #3866

Just a heads up - the MOTD is not loading anymore. Several days are missing, and the current day just never loads and presents an infinitely spinning progress wheel. I've tried clearing my browser's cache and site cookies to no avail in both Safari and FireFox and get the same results.

Might the database be corrupted?

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 3 months ago #3870

I don't know why you had that problem, but the queue had just run dry. I filled it for the next week. Shouldn't be any issues loading now.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 3 months ago #3871

mossy_11 wrote:
I don't know why you had that problem, but the queue had just run dry. I filled it for the next week. Shouldn't be any issues loading now.

What was happening is MOTD appeared very spottily over the last two weeks. It would appear that there was a new entry randomly, but none of those days that appeared remain in the MOTD archive list. And on any of the days that there was a new entry (1/2 and 1/9), they would not load at all. When attempting to click their picture link, the OS X style "progress wheel" like the kind you see at bootup appeared and never went away, as well as the pictures themselves being only the browser's own placeholder images. It's as if the entries were put into the website, but for some reason were not being called correctly by the home page or the MOTD archives page.

It loads now though.

I show the dates of entries for the MOTD as follows, in descending order:

1/13
1/9
1/2
12/30
12/27
12/26
12/23
12/20
12/19
12/16
12/13
12/12
12/9
12/6

Does that match what you have for actual MOTD entries? I'm just trying to make sure everything is jiving between the front end and the back end.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 3 months ago #3875

Yep, that matches the back end.

The situation from before still stands with regard to adding new MotD entries, by the way — if anyone feels like doing a bunch of them, just let one of us admin folks know and we'll make sure you're hooked up with the necessary privileges (or if you already have admin access, you can dive right in whenever suits you).

Same goes for the emulator database and front page articles.

Re: Media of the Day 10 years, 3 months ago #3876

Thanks for checking, and for getting the main page to once again load the current day's MOTD properly. It's a small thing, but sometimes those MOTDs highlight games that one never got to play as a child and might want to give a go.

Time to create page: 0.21 seconds