Welcome, Guest
Media of the Day
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Media of the Day

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2781

The first Escape Velocity works fine in Sheepshaver. I haven't tried the later versions under emulation (yet).

I spent far too long playing EV when I was working on my history of sims article for Ars Technica -- went in there for a screenshot; ended up playing ten hours over the course of a week.

I plan to track down the creators at some point for an interview (and a gentle prod, in hopes that they'll make a new one).

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2782

The second game works well, too.

An interview with the creators of the series would be wonderful. Please do pursue it!

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2793

Er...there's two EV: Nova entries in the MOTD, and two Nov 11th dated entries.

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2796

Seems like date 11.11.11 causes some bugs in the software.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2797

Glad you noticed, turns out Daylight Savings Time was messing it up. Now I remember why we were always taught not to calculate 'the next day' as timestamp + ( 60 * 60 * 24 ) . Hopefully we are all fixed up now.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2816

Seeing a run through of Adventure Island brought back memories. I never completed that game and watching it made me realise how close I came!! (son of a b....). Still, all that effort for what amounts to a simple end game screen... though, Im sure at the time I would have been well pleased.

Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by Mucx.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2822

I see today's Media of the Day, and it reminded me of this SomethingAwful front page article they posted yesterday.

www.somethingawful.com/d/news/box-art-celebs.php

Videogame box art stars: Where are they now? It briefly mentions the old man on the box.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2824

EV NOVA? No way… I love that game! Too bad all the planned Star Trek TCs seem to have died…

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2826

omg Harry the Handsome, I loved that game. I really want to play it again at some time.
When will a good PPC Mac Emulator be finally available?
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by MetalDragon.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 5 months ago #2830

Man I loved Harry The Handsome Executive. I eventually even got to the end of the game and beat it. If the area around my desk were wider, I know that I would be gliding down the hallways of my office when no one else is around, haha.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 4 months ago #2864

Battetoads speedrun. Reminds me of the fact that game was damn near impossible. Even with infinite lives and game genie I damn near gave up on the bike level.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 3 months ago #3024

I just saw the Metal Gear (NES) speedrun listed in the MOTD. Brings back memories. Ah yes...those were the days. Back when I could beat games within hours of getting them (I'm looking squarely at you SMB3 and your three hours from first play to ending).

Fun Fact: I still remember my (working!) password for the NES Metal Gear from 1988. This is MY password and not some published PW from Nintendo Power or anything we're talking about. How's that for crazy?

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 3 months ago #3033

EV Nova is allegedly capable of running content packs of the previous games in the series, and I would imagine it has some of its own mods for other IP. Looks like it's still available for OSX/Universal.

Edit: oops- link from the index took me to page 1 rather than page [last]. And I don't see a delete-post option...?
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by seanstar.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 3 months ago #3035

I could delete it for you, but I'm in favour of any and all discussions about old Ambrosia games. So I kinda want to keep your out of context post.

Ambrosia's website has 56 pages of plugins for EV Nova. I find that rather impressive.

Edit: The January 15 MotD is jammin'.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by mossy_11.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 3 months ago #3037

mossy_11 wrote:
but I'm in favour of any and all discussions about old Ambrosia games.

How about a new AmbrosiaSW Thread?
I loved those games like Barrack, Bubble Trouble, Slithereens and especially Harry the Handsome!
Last time I tried Barrack in SheepShaver I had some none moving enemys which made the game quite boring easy. I would love to improve SS just because of those games and get Ferazels Wand to run. But it might be easier to just get a G3 iMac and play on it.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 3 months ago #3042

Go for it. Most of us MacScene vets played their games in the 90s.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 2 months ago #3125

February 7th - Jungle Strike. Who else loved the Strike games?

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 2 months ago #3126

Oddly Ive never played these. I was Nintendo kid growing up and I seem to remember them being on Sega consoles rather than Nintendo. (or at least there was a big gap between it debuting on the SNES before it came to the Megadrive?).

I think I'll watch some more YouTube videos on it and emulate it in OpenEmu... see what it is really about.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 2 months ago #3135

I only played/obtained Desert Strike (GameBoy) because I loan-traded my friend my copy of MegaMan V for his (turned out to be younger brother's) copy of Kirby's Pinball, whereupon he lost my game and his brother threw a fit and demanded Kirby back so he pushed Desert Strike on me. GameBoy Desert Strike is not GameBoy MegaMan V, and the series is forever tainted in my mind by this gross inequality.

Re: Media of the Day 12 years, 2 months ago #3136

mossy_11 wrote:

Go for it. Most of us MacScene vets played their games in the 90s.

well said mossy

Time to create page: 0.22 seconds