Welcome, Guest
We're back.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: We're back.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #235

Niemann wrote:
I am still looking for some news posters. I know iBatman was dominating prior to the downtime, but haven't seen him on. Anyone interested in posting how-tos, editorials, news, reviews, previews, interviews, etc. let me know.

I'd be interested in posting editorials, reviews, previews, and perhaps other kinds of features from time to time. Due to my various commitments, however, I can't make any promises about regular posts/contributions.

I like that idea of "articles showcasing the current status of different systems". It'd be great for people new to emulation on the mac or those returning after some years away from the mac emulation scene. More importantly, it would take care of the confusion about the strengths and weaknesses of emulators when compared to both their native hardware and other emulators. That was/is the main purpose of the wiki though, right?

It's great to hear that we are now fully in control of the site and its back-end.

EDIT: New problem. There doesn't appear to be any button or link to change pages in a forum thread.
Last Edit: 14 years, 4 months ago by mossy_11.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #236

Alright, and it seems that there's a page 2 to this topic, but there's no way to get to those posts.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #237

Jup, I noticed that as well. Sometimes it's good to have longer threads for testing, isn't it?

Depending how much spare time I have (having "inherited" project lead and having just bought an Xbox 360) I'd also be willing to help out with news and articles.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #238

Another problem.... It wont remember who I am. Every time I come into the site I have to log in.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #239

Mike and Mossy; I've added 'Author' rights to your accounts. You may need to log out and log back in to activate it. Let me know when you write your first article and we'll take a look at it and approve it. If it looks good I'll enable the ability to publish your own articles (no need for approval).

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #240

menace690 wrote:
Another problem.... It wont remember who I am. Every time I come into the site I have to log in.

Have you tried to delete you cookies for this site?

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #241

Niemann wrote:
Mike and Mossy; I've added 'Author' rights to your accounts. You may need to log out and log back in to activate it. Let me know when you write your first article and we'll take a look at it and approve it. If it looks good I'll enable the ability to publish your own articles (no need for approval).

Thanks Ryan. I'll have to see if I can come up with something during the Christmas holidays.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #242

There was a really nice Basilisk II setup guide in the old site wiki. I linked to it a lot. Does anyone have an objection to me reproducing it online until it can be added to the new MacScene?

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #246

Bravo! It's always a bit jarring when the whole UI gets rebuilt, but it's awesome that there's still the support to bring the site back, and that each rebuild brings it closer to not needing another rebuild. Not sure how frequently I'll be on, but I don't plan on leaving outright any time soon

Edit: hrm. The page-top links to jump back up through the forum hierarchy would be nice to see back whenever the forums get tuned up.
Last Edit: 14 years, 4 months ago by seanstar.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #250

Niemann wrote:

Cool - I'll try to get something smallish done in the next week or so. I have an idea for a feature on the current state of gaming on the Mac, which would probably run over several instalments and include large sections dedicated to emulation and pre-OS X games. But it'll be a while before I can have even a proper overview of that idea ready.

Re:We're back. 14 years, 4 months ago #265

Good to see we're back and glad to see the staff working out the kinks.

This seems to always happen every couple of years...

Time to create page: 0.16 seconds