Welcome, Guest
Archive
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Archive

Re:Archive 12 years, 5 months ago #2809

I have been checking the database for duplicate IPs, there's only a small number of them and most are people who have spoken to me about having a personal account and an account for their project. So alls well, lots of good feedback as well. Already fixed a number of extremely minor issues, and also have Stage 1-2 almost done.

Also, tons of signups. Really impressive the impact this has already had.

Re:Archive 12 years, 5 months ago #2812

I really want to see this badboy now. It's got to have been almost a year since it was first mentioned?

EDIT: 1 year, 1 month.
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by dickmedd.

Re:Archive 12 years, 5 months ago #2813

Yeah too long, but, setting this up in our spare time would be the primary cause... and also how the project unfolded with its initial exploration. It changed a lot of factors.

Hopefully, just with the signup page you can see the thought, care and attention we are putting into this. Good things as they say...

Re:Archive 12 years, 5 months ago #2815

Aye, it wasn't a criticism by any means. I realise that the time and and effort put into the project will correlate with the quality of the output, I'm just so keen for it now!

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3077

Any further news? Just found my 'Blue Key' email again and realised that I've never had any use for it!

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3078

Good question. The blue key will be used 'soon' (I know, I hate that answer too; but it's an all volunteer project so the age-old "it will be done when it's done" is in practice). I will say that the team has begun having bi-weekly meetings, and the progress on the public site has certainly accelerated. We have new team members, and have officially established a company.

We have a couple of surprise features that we are working on right now, as well as developing some unique content for the site. The Blue Key users launch should be a lot of fun, and will probably give a month or two of advance use of the site before we open it up to the general public.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3079

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the scale and logistics of the project. Is this the reason Mucx was stateside recently by any chance? :-P

I'm really looking forward to the project (still) I get the impression that the hype will be thoroughly lived up to.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3080

Hi, any reason I have not received a blue key yet? Or was I just not one of the lucky winners.

Thanks! Still very excited for the debut!

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3081

It may have ended up in your Spam/Junk folder... that seemed to have happened for a few people.
If you can't find it, send a message here with your email address to myself or Niemann and we can sort it for you.

The initial sign-up blue key process was to have a good cross-section of video game enthusiasts that we can get feedback from and help make the site better... our go-to guys with certain perks! So we don't want to exclude someone like yourself from that, at this early stage.

Good things are coming!
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Mucx.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3082

You guys sure know how to tease! I've been checking archive.vg every few days with my blue key in hand to see if somethings happening, but alas.. Very excited to see what you got in store for us!

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3083

Draackje wrote:
You guys sure know how to tease!

The scope of the project has grown significantly over the past year or so. Had I known that things would be going this well on such a grand scale, then I think we would've kept the project under wraps for much longer.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3084

Can we get more teasers for Archive and OpenEmu? Looking at github commits just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Archive and OpenEmu 2's interface have been what I've been wishing Richard Bannister would do... only 7 years ago. Now that it's about to happen, I'm getting antsy.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3085

Sad, nothing in Spam. No bigs, I've waited this long!

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3086

Dooks, let me know if you received your blue key. Anyone else miss their chance and want one? I can manually create them. And we're getting closer to opening up the site to our Blue Key holders, so this might be your last chance.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Niemann.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3087

Niemann wrote:
Dooks, let me know if you received your blue key. Anyone else miss their chance and want one? I can manually create them. And we're getting closer to opening up the site to our Blue Key holders, so this might be your last chance.

I never got a blue key... but would like to have one.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3088

Rented, did you check your spam? The email address you registered for MacScene looks like it already is assigned a Key.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3089

pm sent
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by DookieMan.

Re: Archive 12 years, 3 months ago #3090

Responses sent to Rented and Dooks.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3096

We have a lot of exciting pieces moving in Archive at the moment, so I thought now would be a good time to share some of these pieces and start teasing everyone about the project. To begin, the 'launch' of the site is still (and shall forever be) "when it's done", but we've been making some great progress.

I plan on sharing a bit about the site once a day or once every few days here until the site actually launches to our Blue Key holders.

My first 'bit' is an invitation to the Archive team's IRC chatroom. Anyone who's interested in seeing a bit of the behind the scenes of the site is welcome to join us. We also want to get some feedback from people about some of the specific features of the site, directions, and even some of our dreams of what the site will become.

You can join us at:

Hostname: irc.freenode.com
Channel: #archive

Hope to see you there.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3106

Here's the Archive Team (might give you an idea of some of the features coming your way):

menace690 - Database Engineer and Maintenance

Craig - Frontend Development, Design

Adam - Documentarian, News

Mucx - Design

mossy_11 - News

Niemann - Me.

Auston - Mobile Development

Time to create page: 0.28 seconds