Welcome, Guest
Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels

Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels 13 years, 7 months ago #1578

Hi, I recently won a lot a SNES games from eBay and some of them have old rental stickers that are placed on the label. Does anyone have a good idea on how to get these off without damaging the game label? I've looked online but most of the articles I have come across are about removing stickers from the plastic portions of the carts, not the cover label with game title.

Thanks

Re:Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels 13 years, 7 months ago #1579

I usually just pick up one corner and pull very slowly, making sure that if the tag crosses the edge of the label, I'm not peeling in a direction that risks lifting/delaminating the edge of the label (e.g. I usually peel from teh center of the label outward rather than inward against the edge of the label). If the force is slow and even, I've usually found I can remove stickers from other stickers and glossy paper surfaces without damage, if the underlying surface is in good shape.
I've also seen the team at my local vintage resale shop take a heat gun gently to stickers to affect the adhesive before trying to remove them.

Re:Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels 13 years, 7 months ago #1580

WD40 helps a lot here.

Re:Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels 13 years, 7 months ago #1582

Goo Gone. Topic over.

Re:Idea's on how to remove stickers from labels 13 years, 7 months ago #1590

A general rule I apply is a small amount of moisture and a great deal of care. I've use things like stanley blades to slide under the edges too for a bit of leverage! Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds